LEARN THE BASICS OF COMPUTER MUSIC PRODUCTION
Institution: Carleton University (Loeb Building B241)
Category: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Course DescriptionLearning the basics of computer music production can enhance the productivity and outcomes you can achieve as a musician, producer, or composer. In an era of digitalized music, understanding the role of the computer and its capabilities will enable you to develop the skills necessary to write, record, and produce your own ideas and apply these to your songs. This will provide you with the ability to put together your own basic home studio and get a deeper knowledge of the equipment involved.
Learn about the roots of electronic music production, beat-making techniques, audio basics, and synthesis programming. Apply your new knowledge to your own music productions.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
• An overview of Ableton Live 11 and its instruments and effects
• Beat making, audio editing, MIDI editing, the basics of sound synthesis and sound design, sampling
and resampling, warping, audio routing, mixing, and mastering
• Understanding the roots of electronic music production
• How to DJ and perform with Ableton Live
• Learn about the essential equipment for music production (audio interface, MIDI controllers,
headphones, speakers, and cables)
• Checklist your equipment for live performances
• Meet other like-minded aspiring producers.